Monday, March 31, 2014

Preparing to Share (with a GIRL) & Girl Name Drop

Because of Caydon's autism and pure cost efficiency, I have decided that it is in all three of our best interest to stay in our 2 bedroom + a small office home... unless we move to CA. This means that one of us has to split our room to share with a nursery, and while I think setting Cay's room up with a crib would be adorable, I don't think it would be the greatest idea in terms of his sleep or his need for personal space. With that being said, I am going to be sharing MY room with baby. I'm actually pretty fine with it, as I know that baby will want me a couple of times a night anyway. And really, what's privacy when you're a single mom to two kids?? I have been playing around with some different design layouts, palettes, and themes (though I'm not really a "theme" person). Here is what I have come up with... so far... granted that it is a girl.
My original "girl" inspiration was this:
    
 I quickly realized I was more so in love with the different shades of pink and gold contrast idea, as well as the texture of that photo. I am also thinking that to add some midnight blue thrown in as an accent color, along with the gold and grey.

The bird's eye view shows how my bed, dresser, and nightstand would be set up, as well as how the crib and dresser would flow.
Bare with me as I try to explain it further. You can see that the top left corner is my closet, the top right is my bath, and the top middle is my 2 person sink. The right side is where my bed, dresser, and nightstands will be.


The bottom right will actually look more so like this:

OH, hey! There's a baby name throw hinting itself in there! Not sure if I'm going to go Clairelin or Clairlin yet (2 syllables for both spellings). Hmmm..

So the left is a sliding door to our backyard. The crib and a skinny yet tall bookshelf will be over a grey rug. I'm still not100% sure about the decorations, but I am thinking this is the most "bang for my buck" with the nursery layout design.


 And this is the far back corner... the area that you would walk into upon opening the door. The blue "L" shaped contraption is actually and "L" shaped dresser set, which fits perfectly for the area and space need (99% sure anyway). I bought it a few years ago from Goodwill because of it's good bones, and all it would need is a paint job and new nobs. The rug would be a faux white lambskin, the gold circle will be a poof, and the great chair on the right is my mother's rocking chair. She rocked my brothers and I in it, and I plan on rocking my babies in it, too.   The gold above the chair is a mirror.


So, for this layout, all I would need to purchase is:
  • the crib
  • the skinny/tall bookshelf
  • poof
  • tall circle table
  • lamp
  • changing pad
  • baskets for organization
  • curtains and golden rod
  • pillows for rocking chair
  • bedding
  • decor :)


And my DIY crafts that I would need to get on are:
  • paint the rocking chair
  • paint the crib
  • paint the dresser set
  • sew a crib skirt
  • make the name banner
  • make the ombre dot decor
Not too bad for a VERY budgeted room! Fingers crossed I can stick with the colors and that it is a girl! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh hey I was wondering....is your child autistic??

    ReplyDelete