Monday, January 6, 2014

8 Weeks; a few days in Colorado!

This post is a tad late because I went to Ignacio, Colorado with Luke to meet his family. They are amazing people. Conservative like my family and ranchers who have the most beautiful land. I was seriously blown away with how beautiful Ignacio and Durango is. I knew I loved Colorado from when I have been there previously, but getting into the more rural aspect of it was quite a treat. His family is so sweet. His mom and I talked for a long time (we talked a bunch about my grandpa, who just passed this spring. It was nice to have someone who listened to me reminisce...) and his dad was a sweet cowboy whose work ethic I think every person should have. America definitely wouldn't have the problems we do today if everyone took notes from him. His sister in law could easily be a close friend of mine, and his brother was funny and genuine. I seriously don't know what better qualities you could ask for in people that are linked to the magical little alien baby that you are carrying inside of you. The trip actually helped ease my transition to it all, and I loved seeing Luke in his element. He gets so excited about ranching and horses... something I am honestly not used to, but how could I not jump into it when he is so pumped on it!? It actually was fun, not to mention BEAUTIFUL, herding and driving the sheep. My only regret is that I couldn't go on a horse ride, which is something I have been looking for a way to do for some time now. Perfect opportunity, but not allowed thanks to the baby. Next time, for sure!  Here are some pics:

 super excited about the snow


 Luke walking on his parent's frozen lake
 his parent's lake


 where we herded sheep to drive them down the road

 Can my driveway look like this?! Please?!




 Eva and Kasey sledding. Wish I had Cay here but the drive was 11 hours Sunday which just seems cruel to an energetic boy!






 racing in heavy snow :)


 what felt like deja-vu was actually the fact that I had been here as a little girl for part of a family reunion. Crazy!







Love this guy:
and our baby:


baby/pregnancy stats:



How far along?  8 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: pre-pregnancy weight
Maternity clothes? a few pieces.
Stretch marks? nope
Sleep: 8 hours plus a ton in the car
Labor Signs: no way!
Belly Button in or out? In
Best moment this week: Meeting Luke's family. I fall harder for my best friend on the daily. I am feeling so blessed that if this is the situation we are in, at least our life is falling into place. We just have to continue to not be fear based! :)
Miss Anything? horseback riding this week
Movement: Not yet
Symptoms: some nausea that made me seem like I didn't like his mom's amazing food. Shame. She is a great cook! 
Food cravings: anything sweet
Anything making you queasy or sick:  well, being on a ranch had some moments that were hard in this category with my super weak stomach. We'll just leave it there! I know normally I could handle it, so it's not the ranch, it's me :)
Anything make you emotional?: thinking about how someday we could all be spending Christmas at the ranch... sappy girl right here.
Bump Alert: Maaaaybe?
Gender prediction: Girl vibes!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happily falling harder in love. :)
Pregnancy Dreams: Reassuring dreams of the future.
Fearing: telling our families. I really hope they don't hate me once they know.
 Anticipating: seeing how beautiful, inside and out, this baby will be. Luke has amazing genes!

No comments:

Post a Comment