Thursday, November 14, 2013

New Little Surprise

I have a new little surprise growing... 

a new baby!


That's right! My body, apparently, does not understand the concept of not surprising me. Both of my biological babies are now complete surprises. With Caydon, I didn't know until I was 9 weeks. With the new little bean, I thought I was dying come 2 weeks. Seriously. I have never experienced fatigue, migraines, and nausea with such fierceness.  I took Caydon on a trip to Disneyland (which actually ended up as a blessing because it was just the two of us... and it was definitely our last mother/son stomp for a good while to come!) where I fell asleep on Finding Nemo twice, and went on the train once around the park... and couldn't get off so we went for a second view of the park because I was so sleepy. The daddy, a few of my closest friends, and my classroom share teacher asked me if I was pregnant, particularly on the day that I was so tired and nauseous that I laid on my classroom floor and slept through lunch and prep. My dear friend and our speech pathologist ended up taking the kids that day so I could go home, and I ended up napping then peeing on a dollar store stick, which produced a faint line. This took me to Safeway, where I bought the new ClearBlue Pregnancy Test that tells you how far along you are (whaaaat!?), chewable Prenatals (seriously, where were these 7 years ago!?) and folic acid.

And... the rest is history. As I post weekly, I am going to answer a few regular q's so here we go:

Pregnancy/Baby Stats:


How far along? 4 or 5 weeks... not sure yet
Total weight gain/loss: maintained so far ;)
Maternity clothes? no, but I did tear my only pair of denims that currently fit (I just lost 46 lbs so nothing has fit currently)  Pop, Lock, and Drop-ing it. *Don't ask.* But, do know that this resulted in my purchasing a few pairs of maternity pants since "why buy new that I can only wear a few more weeks!?"
Stretch marks? Nope! And ordered my Mama Bee creams this morning to keep this going!
Sleep: like 15+ hours a day. I just recently got my energy back... Knock on wood.
Labor Signs: No way!
Belly Button in or out? In
Best moment this week: how daddy responded. I am beyond amazed at how great he has been! Last night, he cleaned my kitchen floors and made me dinner while I slept (and you can bet that I did NOT ask him to do that... I think I actually recall telling him not to. He's too sweet!)
Miss Anything? soda and caffeine! I cut out both the day the test said baby...

Movement: not yet! unless you count gas bubbles (sorry, but let's be honest here...)
Symptoms: what I thought was a bladder infection... wasn't (this actually started a few days post conception! WOW, did my body remember!), extreme fatigue, nausea, food aversions, intense sense of smell, back ache, migraine, pulling feeling in my "torso," and my twins hurt so bad I have to wear a sports bra because gravity alone is killing... 
Food cravings: Nothing. At all. Most food I have had an aversion to. Picky baby! But today I did eat pickles and cornbread... together.. a la Joe's BBQ while celebrating my best friend, Ang's, birthday.
Anything making you queasy or sick: meat. food. smells (bunny or stinky students, potluck food, etc.)
Anything make you emotional?: This whole week has been full of emotions. Hello, unexpected. I did cry 7 times during one episode of Parenthood, which is a record but not the first time I have cried watching it hah.
Bump Alert: I just look a little swollen. I think it's way too soon to show, anyway, but then again it is my second... Wondering how quickly I will show this time!
Gender prediction: Girl vibes, please! He wants a boy. My overall goal is healthy baby.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Maybe moody? I have been feeling happy the last few days but cried a LOT the days before that.
Pregnancy Dreams: I dream of Caydon kissing my tummy. I also have nightmares about autism where I wake up in a sweat. ("Man, I can't gain too much weight! Or have too many ultrasounds! Or eat any fish! Or have any soda and caffeine. Or take ANY meds! Or have pitocine! Or have an epidural!" It really is stressing me out.)
Fearing: the fact that my teacher insurance doesn't include maternity insurance OR maternity leave, and I make like $2k/yr too much for AHCCCS. Arg!   I'm honestly also terrified of telling my parents. I know I'm not a teenager anymore, but I think telling them 7 years ago traumatized me. hah! I'm also TERRIFIED of autism. Anything that is possibly correlated is something I have trouble sleeping because of. I know I will love him/her either way, but having a healthy baby would be superb. ((Don't judge; it is just being honest!))
 Anticipating: telling Caydon that he is going to be a big brother! Feeling baby kick, a gender reveal party, telling my friends, baby gear, and looking pregnant instead of puffy. I'm also PUMPED to get back to the gym next week. I'm just going to focus on arms and legs until these pregnancy exercise books I bought arrive, but my body is seriously missing my Bikram/HIIT/strength rotations. I was at the point of working out every.stinking.day and was only 4 lbs away from my 50 lbs goal, and then BAAM! So working out and maintaining that part of me will probably make me feel much less stressed and tired. OH, and I'm excited to meet this little cutie that's been making me so sick! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment